Monday, September 6, 2010

Crack cocaine in Amish foods?

So I ran in the Arthur Cheese Festival 5K today and then we proceeded to go to our local crack dealer at Yoder's Kitchen.

The salad bar was amazing and I am pretty sure the pistachio salad was pure crack cocaine. There were also a couple of other yummy sweet salads that I ate without caution and boy were they delicious. The sugar free pudding was to die for. I filled my plate with lots of fresh veggies and those amazing cracker/flats that have seeds in them too. YUM YUM.




Then, I proceeded to the actual buffet, which in photographs does not look all that harmful.  But I assure you, the homemade meatloaf, chicken and noodles, fresh steamed veggies drenched in butter, macaroni and cheese, beet salad, mashed potatoes, and broasted chicken were all amazing and delectable and I could not resist. Sure, I burned 400 cals right? Yeah... not even close to the rich amazing foods I consumed. It's no wonder I am not hungry.. even 6 hours later.


Then, of course there was dessert. You know I could not resist the ice cream and cinnamon pudding cake. It was to die for. Those Amish sure know how to cook. And of course I don't actually think there were drugs in my food... but I sure have to be careful. Like an addict who has recovered, I have to watch myself. I only had one plate of salad and one of food, and I loaded up on veggies but the desserts got me! I was so overfull and I am not used to that feeling at all.

This place was amazing and delicious and wholesome. I know I was eating quality, rich foods. It's a good think Yoder's is 45 minutes away.... that's all I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment